The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Are You Ready to Retire?
If retirement is just around the corner here's what you should do:
Contact Voya Financial at 800-748-6128 about your payment options if you have a State of Michigan 401(k) or 457 account.
Tip: Keep your materials together in a folder and keep it in an easy-to-find place.
Manage Your Account
Master Your Plan
- Know when you're eligible to retire.
- Know how your pension is calculated.
- Watch our online presentations and check out our e-learning modules anytime.
- Make sure you have the most recent version of Pre-Retirement Orientation (R0613G) workbook.
Know Your Options
- Calculate your pension amount under various scenarios using the Estimate Pension feature in miAccount.
- Use miAccount to estimate the cost and weigh the benefits of a service credit purchase.
Gather Your Documentation
- Request an estimate from the Social Security Administration if you are considering the equated plan payment option.
- Make photocopies of your proofs of age.
- Make photocopies of your survivor pension beneficiary's proofs of age and relationship.
- Make a photocopy of your proof of marriage.
- Make photocopies of your spouse's and your dependent's insurance eligibility proofs.
- Make sure your name and member ID are printed on all documents.
Apply for Your Pension and Insurances Using miAccount
- Use the Preparing to Apply for Retirement (R0870G) checklist to make sure you have all of the information you'll need to apply in miAccount.
- Log in to miAccount and select Apply for Retirement.