I was sent an energy draft but I can't use it because…
- I have moved since filing my home heating credit claim, and I no longer have a heat account
- I no longer live in Michigan
- I cut my own wood for heat
- My heat provider does not accept energy drafts
- The heat account is in someone else's name
Return the draft with a letter explaining why it cannot be used. Include supporting documentation (lease agreement, property tax statements, proof of heat costs, etc.) and your daytime phone number.
Michigan Department of Treasury
P O Box 30757
Lansing MI 48909
The information will be reviewed and you will receive a response within 120 days.