I was sent an energy draft but I can't use it because…

  • I have moved since filing my home heating credit claim, and I no longer have a heat account
  • I no longer live in Michigan
  • I cut my own wood for heat
  • My heat provider does not accept energy drafts

Return the draft with a letter explaining why it cannot be used.  Include supporting documentation (lease agreement, property tax statements, proof of heat costs, etc.) and your daytime phone number.

Send to:
Michigan Department of Treasury
Support Services - RRF
P.O. Box 30757
Lansing, MI 48909

The information will be reviewed and you will receive a response within 120 days.