The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Pay Your Michigan Individual Income Tax Online
Individual Income Tax ePayments
The ePayments system is secure, fast, and convenient. You can make your Michigan Individual Income Tax payments electronically by check, debit, or credit card.
How You Can Pay
To be presented with this option, you must:
- Have filed your 2021 Michigan Individual Income Tax Return before December 2022.
- Use the same zip code from your 2021 Michigan Individual Income Tax Return.
By making an eCheck payment, you will be authorizing the Michigan Department of Treasury to initiate a direct transfer of funds from your financial institution.
There is no fee to use this payment option.
Debit or Credit Card
All Michigan Individual Income Tax filers may choose to make a payment using a debit or credit card.
Debit card payments will be charged a flat fee of $3.95.
Credit card payments will be assessed a convenience fee of 2.3% of the total payment amount.
The fee will appear as a separate transaction on your bank or card statement and is paid directly to the payment processing company.
What You Can Pay
2022 Tax Due Payments
- Payment for tax due on the 2022 MI-1040
- Payment in response to a 2022 Proposed Tax Due letter sent to you by the Michigan Department of Treasury
2022 Extension Payments
- An extension of time to file is not an extension of time to pay
- Late filing penalty and interest will accrue on the unpaid tax from the original due date of the return
2023 Estimated Payments
Estimated payments will apply to the quarter in which they are received. Any payment received after the due date will apply to the following quarter.
2023 Quarterly Estimate due dates:
- 1st Quarter April 18, 2023
- 2nd Quarter June 15, 2023
- 3rd Quarter September 15, 2023
- 4th Quarter January 16, 2024