The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Marihuana Retailers Excise (MRE) Tax
Paying at a Field Office
- Contact LARA at 517-284-6389
- Payments may be made at the LARA facility located at: 2407 N. Grand River, Lansing, 48906.
- To make an appointment please go to: LARA Cashiering Calendar
- Visit the Department of Treasury Field Offices page for office locations, contact information, or payment scheduling information.
Welcome Newly-Licensed Adult Use Marihuana Retailers
Your filing requirement will start the same date that your license is approved with LARA. What does this mean? Even if you are not conducting business in the State of Michigan you will need to file a return indicating that you conducted $0 worth of sales subject to MRE during the tax year.
However, if you wish to make a payment you must use the 2022 Marihuana Retailers Excise Tax Payment Voucher Form 5677.
- Payments can be made via Michigan Treasury Online (MTO) using an e-check or credit card (fees are applicable).
- All cash payments must include form 5677 Marihuana Retailers Excise Tax Payment Voucher Form.
- All cash payments for SUW must include form 5094 Sales, Use and Withholding Payment Voucher.
- All Collection cash offices are open during the hours listed below and accepting payments by appointment only. We are accepting any payment amounts (no-limits) at each office.
- Marihuana tax payments are accepted by appointment only during the hours listed below between the 17th and 23rd of each month, excluding weekends.