What should I do if my heat provider has no record of receiving my energy draft that I mailed to them?

You must allow 90 days for your draft to be applied to your heat account before calling Customer Service 517-636-4486, or submitting a customer service request by using "Check My Income Tax Info".

For privacy and security reasons you will be asked for your social security number, name, tax year, adjusted gross income or total household resources and filing status.

Click on the above link and follow these steps:

1.  Select the option "Ask an Account Specific Question".
2.  To verify your identity, log in using the filer's social security number and name, then choose the option "Ask 
     Treasury a Question".
3.  You will be asked to enter the tax year, your adjusted gross income/total household resources and filing status.
     Follow the directions given on the next page to submit a detailed description of the situation with your question.

Include your full name, complete current mailing address and the tax year with your request.

Note: If you are unable to authenticate using your current tax year information, select the previous tax year return for authentication.  When you submit your question, explain that you selected a previous tax year for authentication. Include the adjusted gross income, refund amount and tax year for which you are inquiring.

If the draft has been paid, you will be given the information needed for your heat provider to locate the payment and credit your account. If the draft has not been paid, you will be given information on how to have the draft replaced.

Telephone help is available for the Deaf or Hearing Impaired using teletypewriter (TTY) equipment through the Michigan Relay Center by calling 711 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:45 p.m.