What should we do if a customer claims they sent us an energy draft but we have no record of receiving one?

Ask the customer to call the Toll-Free Energy Assistance Hotline at 1-855-275-6424. The representative should be able to determine the status of the draft and advise the customer of the steps to take or determine if the draft should be replaced.

If the draft is at least 4 weeks old, they should contact a Michigan Department of Treasury customer service representative at 517-636-4486 and request an affidavit for replacement.