Skip to main content

1099-G Info for Identity Theft Victims


What Should I Do?

If you received a 1099-G and suspect that you may be the victim of identity theft, please complete these three steps:

Step 1

Complete a Form 6349, Statement of Identity Theft and submit it along with a detailed report to the Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA).

After processing your report, UIA will send you a new 1099-G indicating the corrected amount of compensation.

Report Identity Theft to UIA Now

If you have questions about how to complete or submit the Form 6349, please call UIA at 1-866-500-0017.

Step 2

Receive a corrected 1099-G from UIA.

Step 3

After receiving your corrected 1099-G, send a copy of it to the Michigan Department of Treasury.

Ways to Send Your Corrected 1099-G to Treasury

Mail a copy of your corrected 1099-G to Treasury:

Michigan Department of Treasury

P.O. Box 30058

Lansing, MI 48909

Email a copy of your corrected 1099-G to Treasury: