The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Identity Confirmation Quiz
Did You Get an Identity Confirmation Quiz Letter?
With income tax fraud, identity theft, and data breaches on the rise, the Michigan Department of Treasury is increasing security measures. The identity confirmation quiz is one of the ways the Department is protecting your information.
Instructions to login and take the identity confirmation quiz:
You will need:
- Quiz ID number from your letter.
- Refund amount from the return year referenced in your letter, from your Michigan Individual Income Tax Return (MI-1040).
*Note, If you filed a Michigan Homestead Property Tax Credit Claim (MI-1040CR), and no MI-1040 return was filed, use the amount on line 44 from the MI-1040CR.
- Simply click the "Take the ID Quiz" Button above to start the quiz. Once you have passed the quiz, the Department will continue processing your return. It is important to print your confirmation page and keep it with your tax records. Please allow 6 weeks to process your refund if you passed the quiz.
- If you are unable to access a quiz, or did not pass, please send in the documents requested from your letter. Allow up to 12 weeks for your refund to be processed.
- To check the status of your refund use "Where's My Refund?" Our phone lines are busy this time of year, and the website will give you the same information that our representatives would.