The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Why am I getting a bill from my original return when I filed an amended return showing I do not owe?
You may receive a bill for one or more of the following reasons:
- Your amended return has not completed processing
- We did not receive a response to our letter
- A credit claimed on your amended return was adjusted or disallowed
- Your amended return was disallowed
- Your amended return was adjusted:
- The amount claimed as previously paid was corrected to agree with our records
- The amount claimed as your previous refund and/or credit forward was corrected to agree with our records
- The amount claimed as previously paid included nonrefundable penalty and/or interest