Skip to main content

How can I obtain copies of W-2s?

The Michigan Department of Treasury does not provide copies of W-2(s). Requests for copies of your W-2(s) must be made to your employer.

If your employer is unable to provide a copy, you will need to request a substitute income statement from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The substitute IRS form will contain federal information only. You may contact them at 800-829-1040, or through their website at

View additional W-2 information