What should I do if my return is completed but my preparer has no record of my direct deposit.
If the preparer's financial institution cannot locate your direct deposit after 4 weeks, you may request a tracer through the Michigan Department of Treasury. A tracer can take up to 24 weeks. We will notify you of the results by mail.
If the tracer result confirms that the funds were posted to your preparer’s account, it is a civil matter between you and your tax preparer.
You may request a direct deposit tracer using self-service.
Include your full name, complete current mailing address and the tax year with your request
Click on the above link and follow these steps:
- Select the “Inquiries” option
- Then select “Inquire about My Refund”
- You will be asked to enter the following information for security reasons:
- Primary filer’s Social Security number
- Primary filer’s last name
- Tax year
- Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)/Total Household Resources (THR)
- Filing status
Note: If you are unable to authenticate using your current tax year information, select the previous tax year for authentication. When you submit your question, explain that you selected a previous tax year for authentication. Include the AGI/THR and tax year for which you are inquiring.