The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
What should I do if my return is completed but my preparer has no record of my direct deposit?
If the preparer's financial institution cannot locate your direct deposit after 4 weeks, you may request a tracer through the Michigan Department of Treasury. A tracer can take up to 24 weeks. We will notify you of the results by mail.
If the tracer result confirms that the funds were posted to your preparer’s account, it is a civil matter between you and your tax preparer.
You may request a direct deposit tracer using self-service.
Include your full name, complete current mailing address and the tax year with your request
Click on the above link and follow these steps:
- Select the “Inquiries” option
- Then select “Inquire about My Refund”
- You will be asked to enter the following information for security reasons:
- Primary filer’s Social Security number
- Primary filer’s last name
- Tax year
- Filing status
- Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)/Total Household Resources (THR)
- If your AGI is a negative number, enter "-" after the number. Example: 1045-