Can I e-file an amended return if I made an error on my original Michigan Individual Income Tax Return?

New for tax year 2017, you may e-file an amended 2017 MI-1040 return (and supporting forms) to correct the error on your original return. 
An amended MI-1040CR or MI-1040CR-7 cannot be e-filed without the MI-1040 form.  Amended City of Detroit returns are also eligible
for e-file for tax year 2017.

To amend for tax years 2015 and 2016, you must file a paper copy of the Michigan Amended Income Tax Return MI-1040X-12 or paper
City of Detroit return.