Skip to main content

Contact Collections

Telephone Inquires:

Due to heavy call volumes, there may be a delay in answering your call. To assist our customer service representatives in helping you, please have your account number and tax documents with you when you call. Your account number is your Social Security or tax identification number.


If you don't understand why you received your bill, please contact the appropriate Tax Division at the number below:

  • Income Tax 517-636-4486
  • Sales, Use and Withholding Taxes 517-636-6925
  • Single Business Tax 517-636-6925
  • Michigan Business Tax 517-636-6925
  • Motor Fuel Taxes 517-636-4600

To pay your debt or other questions about your delinquent account, call Treasury Collection Services Bureau at 517-636-5265.

If you are making a payment by electronic withdrawal (EFT), please have your bank account number and the 9 digit bank routing number of your financial institution available. If you have any questions about these numbers, please contact your bank or financial institution.