Skip to main content

Classification Appeals

Property owners that disagree with the assessor's decision regarding property classification will need to file a petition with the March Board of Review appealing the classification of their property. If the property owner disagrees with the decision of the Board of Review regarding the classification of the parcel, the property owner may appeal the decision of the Board of Review by completing and submitting a petition for change of property classification with the State Tax Commission (STC) no later than June 30th in that tax year.

The STC shall arbitrate the petition based on the written petition and the written recommendations of the assessor and STC staff. An appeal may not be taken from the decision of the STC regarding classification complaint petitions and the determination of the STC is final and binding for the year of the petition. More information on classification appeals and forms for appealing are listed below. Click on the link to find out more information.

Fillable Forms Disclaimer: Currently, there is no computation, validation, or verification of the information you enter, and you are still responsible for entering all required information. Instructions may require some information to be handwritten on the form (signatures, for example).