Because Treasury has started issuing the expanded Michigan EITC supplemental check payments for tax year 2022, it is no longer necessary to view or manually update your address. If you moved between last year and now, please be sure your new address is on your 2023 individual income tax return filing.
County and Local Government PRE Resources
Below are a number of links to assist county and local governmental units in the administration of PREs. We will continue to update this page as more resources become available. To view the most recent PRE news click on the What's New link at the top. If you have suggestions for additional resources that should be included on this page, please contact the PRE Unit at 517-373-1950 or e-mail your ideas to PTE-Section@michigan.gov.
- Principal Residence Exemption (PRE) Guidelines
- Michigan Compiled Law 211.7cc
- Michigan Compiled Law 211.7dd
- Michigan Compiled Law 211.210
- PRE Denials by the Department of Treasury, Frequently Asked Questions
- Department of Treasury's PRE Audit Letter
- Department of Treasury's PRE Audit Questionnaire, Form 4632
- PRE Appeal Authority Table
- PRE "Tax Due" Letters from Department of Treasury, Frequently Asked Questions Form 4830
- Request to Bill Seller Following a Principal Residence Exemption (PRE) Denial, Form 4816
- Michigan Department of Education - Taxable Value Reporting Information
- Request for Michigan Principal Residence Information, Form 4169