Skip to main content

Do I include the full amount of unemployment income received in total household resources (THR)?

Yes, 100% of your unemployment income without any deduction must be included in total household resources on the forms below: 

•  Homestead Property Tax Credit Claim form, MI-1040CR on line 23.

•  Homestead Property Tax Credit Claim for Veterans and Blind People form, MI-1040CR-2 on line 22.

•  Home Heating Credit Claim form, MI-1040CR-7 on line 28.

•  For farmland preservation tax credit claimants, report 100% of unemployment income using the corresponding line on form
   MI-1040CR, MI-1040CR-2 or MI-1040CR-7.