Skip to main content

What should I do if I received a bill and I do not owe it?

If you receive a bill that you believe you do not owe, send the following information to support your claim:

  • A letter explaining why the tax is not due (be sure to include your account number/Social Security number), and
  • Supporting documentation


If you believe you have already paid this assessment/bill:

  • Send a legible copy of the front and back of your canceled check/money order or provide your confirmation number to verify your e-Payment

Mail the above information and a copy of the bill to the address on the bill you have received.

Refer to the back of your bill for appeals information.