The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
What should I do if I received a bill for a deceased taxpayer?
Prior to any review or action on the bill, the proper documentation must be filed with the Michigan Department of Treasury. Proper documentation can include the following:
- A completed MI-1310 form and copy of death certificate
- Letters of Authority from the court
If there is a probate estate please provide the following information:
- Probate case number
- Date of death
- Court where case was filed
- Final date to file claim
- Name and address of personal representative
- If the estate is open or closed
Always include a copy of the bill with your correspondence.