Skip to main content

How can I obtain copies of previously filed returns?

You may obtain copies of previously filed returns using self-service.

Include your full name, complete current mailing address and the tax year with your request.

Click on the above link and follow these steps:

  1. Select the “Inquiries” option
  2. Then select “Request a Copy of Tax Return”
  3. You will be asked to enter the following information for security reasons:

    • Primary filer’s Social Security number
    • Primary filer’s last name
    • Tax year
    • Filing status
    • Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)/Total Household Resources (THR)
      • If your AGI is a negative number, enter “-“  after the number. Example: 1045-

Note: If you are unable to authenticate using your current tax year information, select the previous tax year for
authentication. When you submit your question, explain that you selected a previous tax year for
authentication. Include the AGI/THR and tax year for which you are inquiring.