Skip to main content

Can I e-file an amended return if I made an error on my original Michigan Individual Income Tax Return?

Yes. You may e-file an amended MI-1040 return (and supporting forms) to correct the error on your original return. An amended MI-1040CR or MI-1040CR-7 cannot be e-filed without the MI-1040 form.  Amended City of Detroit returns are also eligible for e-file.