Skip to main content

My farmland preservation tax credit was issued jointly with the county, how do I cash it?

You should take the check, remittance advice, and a copy of your farmland development rights agreement(s) to your county treasurer(s).  He or she will ask you to endorse the check, then use the refund to pay any delinquent property taxes.  Any amount remaining will be refunded to you by the county treasurer.

Note: Once a jointly payable check has been issued, a new check payable only to you will not be issued if you later prove the taxes have been paid.