Skip to main content

What documentation should I submit if I am the account holder?

The account holder must submit the following documentation for the first-time home buyer savings account with the their income tax return:

  • Account statements that show the contributions made during the tax year and the taxable interest or earnings on the account in the tax year for which the deduction is claimed
  • Upon withdrawal of funds from the account, a copy of the real estate settlement statement that shows the withdrawal was used for eligible costs
  • The Form 1099 issued by the financial institution for the account for the tax year in which the deduction is claimed.