Skip to main content

Can I still use my energy draft if there is a mistake on it?

If the mistake is small (typographical error, transposed numbers or letters) the heat provider may honor the draft. 

If your heat provider will not accept it, return the draft with a letter explaining why it cannot be used and identify the corrections to be made.  Include supporting documentation (e.g. name change, lease agreement, property tax statements) and your daytime phone number. 

Mail to:

Michigan Department of Treasury
P.O. Box 30757
Lansing, MI 48909

The information will be reviewed and you will receive a response within 16 weeks.