Skip to main content

Can I still use my energy draft that includes the name of my deceased spouse?

Yes, you can still use the draft. In the event your heat provider does not accept it, you may return the draft. Return the draft with a letter explaining why it cannot be used and request a replacement. Write "Void" across the front and include supporting documentation (death certificate, lease agreement, property tax statements, etc.) and your daytime phone number.

Mail to:

Michigan Department of Treasury
P.O. Box 30757
Lansing, MI 48909

The information will be reviewed and you will receive a response within 16 weeks.