Skip to main content

I was sent an energy draft but I can't use it because…

  • I have moved since filing my home heating credit claim, and I no longer have a heat account
  • I no longer live in Michigan
  • I cut my own wood for heat
  • My heat provider does not accept energy drafts
  • The heat account is in someone else's name

Return the draft with a letter explaining why it cannot be used and request a replacement. Write "Void" across the front and include supporting documentation (lease agreement, property tax statements, proof of heat costs, etc.) and your daytime phone number.

Mail to:

Michigan Department of Treasury
P.O. Box 30757
Lansing, MI 48909

The information will be reviewed and you will receive a response within 16 weeks.