The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
I was sent an energy draft but I can't use it because…
- I have moved since filing my home heating credit claim, and I no longer have a heat account
- I no longer live in Michigan
- I cut my own wood for heat
- My heat provider does not accept energy drafts
- The heat account is in someone else's name
Return the draft with a letter explaining why it cannot be used and request a replacement. Write "Void" across the front and include supporting documentation (lease agreement, property tax statements, proof of heat costs, etc.) and your daytime phone number.
Michigan Department of Treasury
P.O. Box 30757
Lansing, MI 48909
The information will be reviewed and you will receive a response within 16 weeks.