Skip to main content

What should I do if I lost my energy draft?

You must allow 4 weeks before submitting a request for a new draft using self-service.

Include your full name, complete current mailing address and the tax year with your request.

Click on the above link and follow these steps:

  1. Select the “Inquiries” option
  2. Then select “Inquire about My Refund”
  3. You will be asked to enter the following information for security reasons:
  • Primary filer’s Social Security number
  • Primary filer’s last name
  • Tax year
  • Filing status
  • Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)/Total Household Resources (THR)
    • If your AGI is a negative number, enter "-" after the number. Example: 1045-

You will receive an affidavit in the mail within 8 weeks requesting your signature as proof of the lost/stolen check/draft. Promptly mail affidavit back to the address included on the form. Allow up to 16 weeks for the replacement check/draft to be received.  If you locate your check/draft after you have requested a stop payment, you MUST contact us before you attempt to cash/deposit it.