Skip to main content

What should I do if my heat provider will not accept my energy draft?

Return the draft with a letter explaining why it cannot be used and request a replacement. Write "void" across the front and include supporting documentation (lease agreement, property tax statements, proof of heat costs, etc.) and your daytime phone number.

Mail to:
           Michigan Department of Treasury
           P.O. Box 30757
           Lansing, MI 48909

The information will be reviewed and you will receive a response within 16 weeks.