Skip to main content

What should I do with the energy draft if the taxpayer is now deceased?

Return the draft with a letter explaining why it cannot be used.  You must submit a Claim for Refund Due a Deceased Taxpayer Form MI-1310 and a copy of the death certificate or court issued Letters of Authority.  Also include supporting documentation (lease agreement, property tax statements, etc.) and your daytime phone number.

Mail to:

Michigan Department of Treasury
P.O. Box 30757
Lansing, MI 48909

The information will be reviewed. You will receive a response within 16 weeks.