Skip to main content

What should I do if my check/draft has been returned to Michigan Department of Treasury?

You may inquire about the status of your check/draft using self-service.

Include your full name, complete current mailing address and the tax year with your inquiry.

Click on the above link and follow these steps:

  1. Select the “Inquiries” option
  2. Then select “Inquire about My Refund”
  3. You will be asked to enter the following information for security reasons:
  • Primary filer’s Social Security number
  • Primary filer’s last name
  • Tax year
  • Filing status
  • Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)/Total Household Resources (THR)
    • If your AGI is a negative number, enter "-" after the number. Example: 1045-