Skip to main content

What should I do if my check/draft is lost or stolen?

Allow 4 weeks from the issue date before requesting a stop payment be placed on the check/draft.

You may request a stop payment using self-service.

Include your full name, complete current mailing address and the tax year with your inquiry.

Click on the above link and follow these steps:

  1. Select the "Inquiries" option
  2. Then select "Inquire about My Refund"
  3. You will be asked to enter the following information for security reasons:
  • Primary filer's Social Security number
  • Primary filer's last name
  • Tax year
  • Filing status
  • Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)/Total Household Resources (THR)
    • If your AGI is a negative number, enter "-" after the number. Example: 1045-

You will receive an affidavit in the mail within 4 weeks. Follow the directions on the affidavit and promptly mail the affidavit back to the address included on the form. Allow 12 weeks for the replacement check/draft to come in the mail.  If you locate your check/draft after you have requested a stop payment, you MUST contact us before you attempt to cash/deposit it.