The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
What should I do if my check/draft is lost or stolen?
Allow 4 weeks from the issue date before requesting a stop payment be placed on the check/draft.
You may request a stop payment using self-service.
Include your full name, complete current mailing address and the tax year with your inquiry.
Click on the above link and follow these steps:
- Select the "Inquiries" option
- Then select "Inquire about My Refund"
- You will be asked to enter the following information for security reasons:
- Primary filer's Social Security number
- Primary filer's last name
- Tax year
- Filing status
- Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)/Total Household Resources (THR)
- If your AGI is a negative number, enter "-" after the number. Example: 1045-
You will receive an affidavit in the mail within 4 weeks. Follow the directions on the affidavit and promptly mail the affidavit back to the address included on the form. Allow 12 weeks for the replacement check/draft to come in the mail. If you locate your check/draft after you have requested a stop payment, you MUST contact us before you attempt to cash/deposit it.