Skip to main content

What should I do if my name is incorrect on my check/draft?

You may be able to cash the check or submit the draft to the heat provider.

If your financial institution or heat provider will not accept the check/draft, write "Void" across the front and return it to the Michigan Department of Treasury. Include a letter of explanation and a copy of your driver's license/government issued picture ID showing your correct/new name.

Mail checks to:

Michigan Department of Treasury
Office of Financial Services
P.O. Box 30788
Lansing, MI 48909

Mail drafts to:

Michigan Department of Treasury
P.O. Box 30757
Lansing, MI 48909

Allow 16 weeks for the replacement check/draft. If you have moved, include your complete new address and daytime phone number.