Because Treasury has started issuing the expanded Michigan EITC supplemental check payments for tax year 2022, it is no longer necessary to view or manually update your address. If you moved between last year and now, please be sure your new address is on your 2023 individual income tax return filing.
What should I do if the amount of my check/draft is incorrect?
Your return may have been adjusted based on the information provided and/or information available from other sources.
A detailed explanation was sent describing the adjustments made to your return. You must submit supporting documentation for a dispute to be reviewed. Mail it to the address on the letter you received.
View the Home Heating Credit MI-1040CR-7 ADJUSTMENT or DENIAL Checklist for further information.
Include your full name, complete current mailing address and the tax year with your request.
Click on the above link and follow these steps:
- Select the "Inquiries" option
- Then select "Inquire about Other Topics"
- You will be asked to enter the following information for security reasons:
- Primary filer's Social Security number
- Primary filer's last name
- Tax year
- Filing status
- Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)/Total Household Resources (THR)
- If your AGI is a negative number, enter "-" after the number. Example: 1045-