The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Can I claim a homestead property tax credit if I moved into/out of Michigan during the year?
You may be eligible to claim a homestead property tax credit if all of the following apply:
- Your homestead is in Michigan
- You were a resident of Michigan for at least six months during the year
- You own or are contracted to pay rent and occupy a Michigan homestead on which property taxes were levied
- If you own your home, your taxable value is $136,600 or less
- Your total household resources are $60,600 or less. Part-year residents must annualize total household resources to determine if the credit reduction applies (If 100% of your total household resources are received from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, you do not qualify.)