Skip to main content

7. Do all nonresident members have to participate in a composite return?

No, a nonresident member can choose not to participate in a Michigan Composite Individual Income Tax Return (Form 807) and can file their own Michigan Individual Income Tax Return (Form MI-1040), Michigan Nonresident and Part-Year Resident Schedule (Schedule NR), Schedule 1 and all other applicable schedules for a complete Michigan filing.