Skip to main content

How do I remit payment(s) for a fiduciary return (MI-1041)?

Payments can be made by check or money order.  Make payable to "State of Michigan," print the FEIN of the estate or trust and appropriate tax year on the front of the check or money order.

If you choose to e-file the MI-1041, submit your payment for the balance due on a MI-1041-V.

If you choose not to e-file, print and mail your MI-1041, remit your payment with the return. No additional form is necessary.

If you filed your MI-1041 and forgot to include a payment, use the MI-1041-V to remit the payment to ensure the payment is applied properly to your account.