The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
How do I verify the letter/notice I received was sent by the Michigan Department of Treasury?
You may verify the Letter/Notice you received was sent by the Michigan Department of Treasury using self-service.
Click on the above link and follow these steps:
- Select the “Inquiries” option
- Then select “Inquire about Other Topics”
- You will be asked to enter the following information for security reasons:
- Primary filer’s Social Security number
- Primary filer’s last name
- Tax year
- Filing status
- Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)/Total Household Resources (THR)
- If your AGI is a negative number, enter "-" after the number. Example: 1045-
You can also use Account Services to view and respond to letters online
- Log into MILogin
- Select year you would like to review
- Select "My Letters"
- Access letter by selecting the "View/Download Document" icon (if the file does not automatically open, look at the bottom of the screen for the download file)
- To respond to the letter online, select the "respond" button on right-hand side
- You may enter a message to accompany the documents
- The upload document(s) must be PDF and TIFF files and be under 1MB
- Select "Category Type" from options given
- Select "Next"
- Verify Information
- Select "Submit"
Note: When you create a MILogin account, you are only required to answer the verification questions one time for each tax year. If you have previously established a MILogin account you may use the same username and password for multiple state-agency access (Treasury, Secretary of State, Unemployment/UIA).