Why did I receive a letter/notice?
Read the letter/notice from beginning to end. Many situations can be easily resolved without calling our office. The letter will explain what information is necessary to send to the department and how to appeal our decision, if applicable.
Common reasons a letter/notice may be sent include (but, not limited to):
- We adjusted your return
- We need additional information
- We received information from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- We need to verify your identity
- You are due a larger or smaller refund
- You have an unpaid balance
- Your refund check has not been cashed