The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Registered Nurse Charged with Falsifying Medical Records
May 18, 2023
LANSING – Patricia Lynn Nash, 41, a registered nurse, was charged yesterday with two counts of Medical Records—Intentionally Placing False Information on Chart —Health Care Provider, Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel announced. The charges, both four-year felonies, were filed in the 23rd District Court in Taylor.
While working at a Taylor nursing home, Nash is alleged to have falsified two medical records of neurological assessments for a patient who had previously suffered a fall in the facility and later died. The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs had requested the documents as part of an on-site visit investigating the fall and subsequent death of the patient.
“Falsifying medical records is often intended to conceal patient neglect,” Nessel said. “Such conduct misleads subsequent caregivers as well as oversight officials and can have disastrous consequences for patients, which is why we take such allegations extremely seriously.”
Nash was arraigned before Judge Joseph D. Slaven and given a $1,500 Personal Recognizance bond. The case is scheduled for a Probable Cause Conference on May 31, 2023.
The Attorney General’s Health Care Fraud Division (HCFD) handled this case for the Department. The HCFD is the federally certified Medicaid Fraud Control Unit for Michigan, and it receives 75% of its funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under a grant award totaling $5,196,188 for the fiscal year 2023. The remaining 25% percent is funded by the State of Michigan.
Please note: A criminal charge is merely an allegation, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty. The Department does not provide booking photos.