The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Public Library Financial Management Guide
Financial management in a public library is an important issue for library administrators, staff and trustees. In order to assist public libraries in dealing with fiscal issues, the Library of Michigan provides the:
The guide covers basic accounting, revenues, expenditures, budgeting, financial reporting, audits, and internal controls. It includes sample budgets and policies as well.
In addition to the guide, written by Yeo & Yeo, there is also a series of short webinars on topics that libraries often have questions about. The webinars give a brief overview of each topic.
Financial Management Videos
- Basic Library Accounting (12.27 min.)
- Budgeting Basics (8.08 min.)
- Budgeting Process (8.49 min.)
- Internal Controls (14.05 min.)
- Library Establishment and Governance (6.09 min.)
- Uniform Chart of Accounts Update (92.58 min.)