- Strategic Thinking, Strategic Planning: How Trustees Can Plan for Success. Register here. The next Friends of Michigan Libraries (FOML) Trustee Alliance Workshop will be held Friday, April 24 2015 at the Rochester Hills Public Library. These workshops are a great time to network with other Trustee groups and spend a day learning how to support your library! This project is funded (in part) with an LSTA grant from IMLS administered by the Library of Michigan.
- Free Webinars for Library Staff Updated March 2015 Listing of webinars of interest to the Michigan library community. These webinars are offered at no charge by various organizations across the country. The list is updated monthly. Check for the wide variety of MeL offerings!
- Historic Net Neutrality Ruling by the FCC The Federal Communications Commission has reclassified broadband as a public utility, allowing them much broader regulatory influence. Much applauded by the American Library Association, the ACLU and others it forbids service providers from creating fast and slow lanes of online content delivery which would create an Internet of have's and have not's.
- A gift from Berkeley, California to the Berkley Public Library of Michigan Everyone likes to celebrate new library card holders, and in Michigan we can now do that with a gift from the public library in Berkeley, California. Due to a spelling error, they were unable to use hundreds of buttons and made a gift of them to the Berkley Public Library of Michigan. Watch this great video to hear more.
- E-rate discount table for Michigan libraries for FY 2015 The fall, 2014 data necessary to determine your discount calculation on the Form 471 is now available. If you have questions about using this data, please contact the E-rate help desk at email@example.com.
Goals, Mission & Performance
Connect with the Library
- Ask a Librarian Questions? Call or e-mail us!
517-373-1300 - Still answered by a real person 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday !
Send a question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Library of Michigan is open Monday - Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the second Saturday of every month from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.