The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Make A Gift
Donations to Library of Michigan Collections
The Library of Michigan actively accepts additions to its collections and holdings. Examples of items accepted include (but not limited to):
- State of Michigan and local government published documents and publications
- Published (privately or commercially) films, videos and audio recordings of Michigan governments, businesses and organizations
- Minutes, reports, and proceedings of Michigan organizations
- Directories of Michigan localities and organizations
- Michigan maps and flat file items (e.g. posters)
- Brochures and flyers
- Michigan newspapers, periodicals, and serials
- Compiled Michigan-focused conference papers
- Michigan Family History information
- Compiled cemetery transcriptions
- Published vital record information
- Society newsletters
- Published histories of Michigan localities
- Yearbooks of Michigan high schools, colleges/universities, and other post-secondary institutions
- Printed Fiction/Non-Fiction works (commercially or privately/self-published) by Michigan authors
- Collective papers of Michigan authors
- Letters, emails
- Journals, diaries, blogs
All gifted/donated items become the property of the Library of Michigan and will be evaluated and handled in the same manner as purchased materials. No conditional terms of acceptance are permitted. Acceptance of all items is at the discretion of the Library of Michigan. Inquiries about donations may be made by contacting the Library of Michigan at 517-335-1477 or by email to Librarian@Michigan.gov. Please feel free to direct interested donors to this page by using the URL www.Michigan.gov/LibraryGift.
Library of Michigan Foundation
Your tax-deductible gift today will help ensure crucial programs, including library services statewide, stay alive and well. Libraries are one of our most treasured resources and with your generosity the Library of Michigan will have an impact on the future of Michigan. The Library has served the people of Michigan since 1828 by focusing resources on critical needs of Michigan residents, telling and preserving the story of our state’s rich cultural heritage, and much more that we could not do without the generous support of individuals such as you!
The Library of Michigan Foundation provides opportunities for charitable giving to support Library of Michigan programs, collections, and services otherwise not provided through state or federal funding. Among the Library’s most impactful programs, are the Michigan Notable Books promoting Michigan authors, books and a shared literary culture; Ready to Read Michigan inspiring shared reading with young children and families, Library Development supporting libraries statewide with valuable resources; and Rare Book Collections preserving the story of our state’s rich heritage!
Visit www.LibraryofMichiganFoundation.org to make a gift today or to learn more contact Patricia Headley, Chief Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make a gift online using the Foundation's Donation Form.
Thank you for contributing to the heart of Michigan’s rich cultural heritage.