COVID-19 Updates for Michigan Tobacco Tax
- Tobacco Tax monthly filing and payments are due the 20th of each month.
- Call center services: Available.
- Call center services are available from 8:00am to 4:45pm (Monday – Friday).
- Online services: Available.
- View the Treasury COVID-19 page for additional information.
News and Notices
- Renewal applications and payments must be submitted ELECTRONICALLY through eServices by June 30th, 2021.
- The renewal link will be available on eServices beginning April 16th, 2021
- Michigan Tobacco Tax Information Guide
- Cigarette Stamping Agents Notice Re: Digital Stamp Implementation - Feb, 2014
- Special Notice to All Michigan Tobacco Licensees - RSB Tobacco
- Notice Regarding Premium Cigars – effective November 1, 2012
- It's A Crime!
It's a crime to purchase cigarettes and other tobacco products by mail, over the Internet, or in any other way unless the seller is properly licensed by the State of Michigan and each cigarette pack is affixed with a Michigan tobacco stamp. Violations are punishable by up to five years imprisonment, along with seizures of assets from anyone possessing illegally purchased cigarettes.
What You Need To Know
- Notice Regarding Cigarette Rolling Machines
- Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking (PACT) Act FAQs
- Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking (PACT) Act Notice - April 1, 2021
- Filing Instructions for Unclassified Acquirers and Secondary Wholesalers of Other Tobacco Products (OTP)
- Blunt Wrap Reporting Notice
- Brand Identification Notice for Shipping Papers Invoices