Michigan Treasury Online Help Center
Michigan Treasury Online News & Updates
2018 Public Act 118 revised due dates and methods of filling withholding statements and tax returns with Treasury. Beginning the 2018 tax year, please note the following changes:
- Wage statements (e.g., W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-MISC) are due to Treasury January 31st. The first due date per the Act is January 31, 2019 for 2018 wage statements.
- Beginning January 2019, employers using MTO will be able to upload wage statements prior to filling Form 5081 (Sales, Use and Withholding Taxes Annual Return).
- The Act did not change the annual return due date. Form 5081 is still due February 28th.
- Employers with greater than or equal to 250 employees must file the required Form 5081 electronically.
- Wage statements should not accompany a mailed Form 5081 filing.