Contact Us and How to Pay
How to Pay
Our e-Services site will allow you to make an Automated Clearing House (ACH) payment from your checking or savings account. In addition, you are also able to make a debit/credit card payment. To make a debit/credit card payment there is a 2.48% charge. There is no charge to make an electronic withdrawal from your checking or savings account.
To pay by electronic withdrawal (ACH) from your checking or savings account (EFT), have your bank account number and the 9 digit routing number for your financial institution available when you call the Office of Collections. If you have any questions about these numbers, contact your bank or financial institution.
Make checks payable to "STATE of MICHIGAN - Office of Collections"
- Write your assessment number and account number on the check. Your account number is your Social Security or tax identification number.
- Include the payment coupon from the bottom of your billing notice.
- Allow at least 10 - 14 days for mailing and processing of your payment.
Mail your payment to the following address:
Michigan Department of Treasury - Office of Collections
P.O. Box 30199
Lansing, MI 48909
Due to heavy call volumes, there may be a delay in answering your call. To assist our customer service representatives in helping you, have your account number and tax documents with you when you call. Your account number is your Social Security or tax identification number.
If you don't understand why you received your bill, contact the appropriate Tax Division at the number below:
Income Tax 517-636-4486
Sales, Use and Withholding Taxes 517-636-6925
Single Business Tax 517-636-6925
Michigan Business Tax 517-636-6925
Motor Fuel Taxes 517-636-4600
- To pay your debt or other questions about your delinquent account, call Treasury Office of Collections at 517-636-5265.
- If you have Driver Responsibility Fees to pay, visit the Driver Responsibility website for more information. Debit/credit card payments can't be taken over the phone, use the e-Service.