The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
IFTA E-file/E-pay Limitations
- Filers must have a password to E-file an IFTA return.
- Payment may be made either by ACH debit or credit at the time of filing or remitted through the mail, if an E-filed quarterly IFTA return results in a balance due.
To pay by ACH debit or credit you must have completed an application that has
been approved by the Department. Applications can be found at
www.michigan.gov/ifta . If payment is remitted through the mail, a payment voucher must be printed and submitted with the payment.
- An IFTA return for prior reporting periods cannot be E-filed. (Future program enhancements will allow you to E-file an IFTA return for prior reporting periods.)
- An amended IFTA return cannot be E-filed. Amended returns must be filed on paper.
- An IFTA return may only be E-filed for the following fuel types: diesel, gasoline, ethanol and propane. IFTA returns containing other fuel types, including biodiesel must be filed on paper.
- IFTA E-pay allows only ACH payments. Credit Cards cannot be used.