The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Property Tax Information for Veterans and Military Personnel
Listed below are property tax exemptions, credits, and information that may be beneficial to active military personnel as well as veterans. Click on the link below to find out more information.
- Property Tax Exemption for Disabled Veterans
Information on P.A. 161 of 2013, a property tax exemption for 100% Disabled Veterans.
- Property Tax Exemption for Disabled Veterans – Additional Information
- Principal Residence Exemption (PRE) for Active Duty Military Personnel
You may qualify to retain your PRE while on active duty in the U.S. Armed forces.
- Property Tax Deferment
Taxpayers who meet certain criteria may defer their summer property taxes until February 14.
- Income Tax Information
Helpful information regarding income tax may be found at this link.
- Property Tax Relief for Active Military Personnel
To apply for property tax relief while on active duty, complete Application for Property Tax Relief During Active Military Service, Form 2700.
- Exemption of Real Estate for Veteran with Service Connected Disability
A disabled veteran or his or her surviving spouse who has not remarried may be eligible for 100% exemption of property taxes if certain criteria are met. More Information
- Department of Military and Veterans Affairs
Follow this link for information regarding programs and services available to military personnel.
- Michigan Veterans Website - www.michiganveterans.com
Our new Veteran Resource Service Center helping veterans and their families.