May I claim a home heating credit if I am a college student?
You may qualify if all of the following apply:
- Your permanent residence is in Michigan
- You are not a full-time student who is claimed as a dependent on another person's income tax return.
- You do not live in college or university operated housing (including dormitories, residence halls, or apartments).
- You were contracted to pay rent or own the home where you live.
- Your income is within the income limits listed in Tables A and B of the MI-1040CR-7 Home Heating Credit Claim Instructions
- You submit the MI-1040CR-7 by the deadline of September 30
Total Household Resources Checklist
Home Heating Credit Information
View MI-1040CR-7 to determine if you qualify.