The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Who qualifies for a home heating credit claim?
You may qualify for a home heating credit if all of the following apply:
- You own or were contracted to pay rent and occupied a Michigan homestead
- You were NOT a full-time student who was claimed as a dependent on another person's income tax return
- You did NOT live in college or university operated housing for the entire year
- Your income was within the limits in Table A and Table B
- You did NOT live in a Care facility for the entire tax year: See Exceptions for Licensed Care Facilities
- Adult Foster Care Home
- Licensed home for the aged
- Nursing home
- Substance abuse treatment center
- Shared Housing
- Part Year Resident Owners/Renters
- Deceased Taxpayers
- View Special Situations Information