The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
When do I need to make my payment to receive timely credit?
For timely receipt of your payment, you must complete your transaction by 8 p.m. ET, one business day prior to the payment due date.
- All e-Payment requests completed Monday through Friday prior to 8 p.m. ET will be credited with the next business day’s date.
- All e-Payment requests completed Monday through Thursday after 8 p.m. ET will be credited with the second business day’s date.
- All eCheck payment requests completed Friday after 8 p.m. ET, Saturday, and Sunday will be credited with Tuesday’s date.
- All credit/debit card payment requests completed Friday after 8 p.m. ET, Saturday, and Sunday will be credited with Monday’s date.
- Payments can take up to two weeks to post to your Individual Income Tax account. Allow two weeks before checking the status of your payment using Treasury eServices.
It is the responsibility of the taxpayer to verify the following:
- Correct routing number was provided
- Correct account number was provided
- Funds were successfully deducted from the account provided
Note: Only estimated and extension payments can be viewed. To verify an MI-1040 payment was received, use the link above and select "Inquiries" to ask a question.