The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Individual Income Tax e-Payments FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are U.S. Obligations exempt from Michigan Individual Income Tax?
- Can paper filers who mail returns and electronic filers use this service?
- How do I change my address with the Department of Treasury?
- How do I contact the IRS with questions about individual income tax or Federal Employer's Identification Numbers (FEINs)?
- I do not have an email address; can I still make a payment?
- To which state should I pay tax if I earned income in another state?
- What are Revenue Administrative Bulletins (RAB's) and where can I find them?
- What are the benefits of using the Michigan individual income tax e-Payments system?
- What cities impose an income tax?
- What does ACH mean?
- When do I need to make my payment to receive timely credit?
Completing the eCheck Login
- Can I make an eCheck payment if I did not file a Michigan individual income tax return last year (2021)?
- What information do I need to login and make an eCheck payment?
- What if my name contains special characters?
- If I am entering the information from last year's (2021) return, why am I not given the option to make an eCheck payment?
- I have tried all of the above options and am unable to login to make an eCheck payment. What should I do now?
- Can I make an eCheck payment if I filed a joint return last year (2021), but am filing a single or married filing separately return this year?
- Is there a fee for this service?
- Why is there a convenience fee and why am I paying for this?
- Why should I use this service and pay a fee to the service provider?
- Who gets the convenience fee?
- Can I deduct the convenience fee on my Michigan individual income tax return?
- Can I pay Treasury directly by credit card instead and save the fee?
- Will I be charged a cash advance fee?
- Who should I contact regarding a billing error or fees charged to my credit card account?
- Is there a maximum payment amount?
- What payment methods are accepted?
- What types of payments can be made using the Michigan Individual Income Tax e-Payments system?
- What will I need to make a payment?
- Can anyone make an electronic payment?
- Will I receive a receipt or confirmation number?
- How can I be sure that my payment was processed correctly?
- How many payments can I make?
- Can I make payments on more than one account?
- Can I make a payment for someone else?
- Is there a minimum payment amount?
- Can I select a future date for my e-Payment?
- Can I set up recurring monthly payments?
- When can I expect my payment to be debited from my bank account?
- How do I change my e-Payment once it has been submitted?
- Can I cancel an eCheck payment using the e-Payments system?
- Can I cancel my credit or debit card e-Payment using the e-Payments system?
- Will I be notified if my payment is not accepted?
- Are there a maximum number of payments that can be made?
- How do I confirm Treasury received my payment?
- How do I look up my e-Payment?
- Can I make a payment for any tax year?
- What if I overpay?
- I used the e-Payments system to pay another person's taxes. If their return is processed and they are due a refund, will that refund be issued to me?
- Can I make an e-Payment using either my Social Security number or my spouse's Social Security number?
- Can anyone make a credit card payment through the e-Payments System?
- Will Treasury send a payment receipt?
- Can I make partial payments using two different credit or debit cards?
- Can a parent or someone else make a payment on my behalf?
- Can I make an eCheck payment using a financial institution located outside of the United States?
- Can I make a payment from outside of the United States?
- How does Treasury secure my information that is displayed and/or entered through an online service?
- Who do I contact if I'm having difficulty using the e-Payments system?
- Why does my browser or mobile device not work properly with the e-Payments system?
- I was in the middle of a transaction and it timed out. What do I do now?
- Why did I receive the message, "You cannot make a payment at this time. Please try again."?
- What should I do if I don't get a confirmation number after submitting my payment?